Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Onward we go...

I am going to attempt to contribute to this endeavor, however, many of you will have to bear with me...I do not possess the literary gifts my wife does!

At this point, my unit is preparing for Annual Training which will be the entire brigade's first opportunity to put into practice all the training they have been conducting over the last year. It should be a very good measuring stick as to where the brigade's readiness is.

Aside from getting ready for Annual Training, I am still trying to figure out exactly what the expectations are of my command for my position. I know that the work I do will directly affect troops on the ground, however with my perosonality I would rather be running missions with troops "outside the wire." Being put into this position, however has allowed me to take a very close look at what is important to me. Although I spend a lot of time away from home, my family remains ever present in my mind and constant in my heart. I am truly blessed to have my wonderful wife and our families that continue to be ever present in our lives.

I will hopefully be able to blog more as the time goes, however access to the internet will be restricted in the upcoming days. Love to all of my family and friends and hope to see you soon!
-Jake

1 comment:

  1. Literary gifts? What a gift that was! I hope the blog continues to be a successful, combined effort to see inside the lives of the Pries family. I hope we all learn a little about support, unconditional love and sensitivity from the two of you. Great start guys! I'm proud of you.

    ~E

    ReplyDelete