Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Message From Daddy

Cell phones have changed so much over the last 5 years. I don't recall if we had "texting" the last time Jake was preparing to mobilize, but now we have the opportunity to text, with pictures and videos, and it makes a world of difference.

When Asher does something cute or funny, I can take a photo or record it and make sure Jake sees it. I've asked Jake to send Asher a video, because Asher really enjoys watching the videos...especially the ones of himself!

This morning when we woke up, Jake had sent a video message for Asher. I couldn't wait to show it to him, and I told him that I had a surprise for him. When I began the video, Asher chirped, "It's Daddy! Hi, Daddy!" Jake asked Asher some questions, and Asher was responding to the video....it was the sweetest thing ever. Then he watched the video 10 times in a row. When it was time to head downstairs for breakfast, Asher asked, "Can I bring Daddy?" Do you know how it feels to have your heart smile? "Of course!" I told him.

This is my heart smile.
~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment