Friday, September 17, 2010

Next step...

This is me as I was waiting to load our duffle bags onto an 18-wheeler so they could be transported to Fort Irwin, California...the National Training Center.

Well, I am finally in California at the National Training Center! I arrived a few days ago and have been busy setting up my living space...along side 70 other guys in an open tent with a concrete floor! The symphony of snoring in actually pretty impressive, unless of course you have my misfortune of being right by the person that snores the loudest of all of them!

Anyway, I have a few days before a lot of the training really gets going and wanted to take a quick opportunity to get online and let people know what was going on. Speaking of internet, my usage is going to be pretty sporadic due to the fact that I am only online because of the grace of others allowing me to use their internet cards! Once I get settled in Afghanistan, my internet usage will become much more regular.

I hope everyone is doing well, and echoing my wife's words, thank you to all who have been so AWESOME during this deployment...we are truly blessed with outstanding family and friends...you all make my job a lot easier to concentrate on here and make a lot of the worries I would have had go away...you all have a very special place in my heart!

~Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment