Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hug in a Box

Wanna see what a Hug in a Box looks like?

I mailed off this package to Jake today. You cannot see all of what is inside, but beneath all that Hug are some gummy bears, Swedish Fish, Nutter Butters, a few books, and this Hug.

A few years ago, I joined our church's prayer shawl ministry. I began knitting before I was a mom, and....I didn't complete my first shawl until...well....it probably took me about 2 years! After the first shawl, I decided to try my hand at crochet. It does go a lot faster...and this is the result: And yes...it's a camoflauge prayer shawl. I made it so that it measures across my back and down my arms. When I put it on, it felt like a hug to me....so, I hope it will feel like that to Jake. Maybe sometimes it will be a pillow when he doesn't have anywhere else to lay his head. Maybe sometimes it will be a scarf to keep away the dust. Maybe sometimes it will be something to hold onto while he prays. Maybe sometimes it will be the Hug that he needs.

Additionally, before I closed up the box, I wrapped Asher's "paper hug" around the prayer shawl. I imagine this package will be the last that we send to Jake before he heads to Afghanistan. I sure hope this Hug in a Box will sustain him when he needs it most! More than anything, we just want him to know how much we love him and miss him and how extremely proud we are!
~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment