Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Flat Jake Brings Some Cheer

Did you know Flat Jake makes house calls? Well...he does!

He recently came bearing cheer & some beautiful flowers to make a dear friend Carole feel well.

Carole had had some surgery, and was on the mend at home with her loving husband John & sister who was visiting from California. Carole & John have 3 beautiful daughters, Karen, Emily & Laura, all of whom I went to high school with. My mom had whipped up a delicious dinner to take to them, and...you could say John & Carole are "big fans" of Flat Daddy Jake. So, packed into the car with the tasty vittles were my mom, Asher, Flat Daddy Jake, and myself. As we stood on their front porch, basket of dinner in hand, Asher excited to ring the doorbell, we propped Flat Jake up in front of me so that it looked like he was standing there. He had come bearing flowers for Carole.

The excitement that poured over from John when he opened the door to find us there was contagious. He was pleased for the dinner, and to see Asher, my mom, and myself, but he was REALLY excited to see Flat Jake.



See how they're doting on their favorite Flat soldier?


I'm no Doctor, but I'd say Flat Jake's visit to Carole really lifted her spirits and made her feel a bit better!

~Emily

1 comment:

  1. Oh Emily, this is so touching! It really did lift both of our spirits when you all arrived that day. The food was very delicious and the flowers still look great! We are esp. happy that Jake will be home soon for R & R. Thanks so much for making our day again today! - John and Carole

    ReplyDelete