Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ding Ding Ding: Round 2

Hear that sound?

It's the bell...*DING DING DING: ROUND 2. Bedtime. Mommy vs. Asher.

Asher has won the first round.
Actually, Mommy gave up.

After the screaming as if I was murdering him, and the "make my body as straight as a board so as not to be able to be carried through doorways" subsided, I ungraciously surrendered the first round to Asher J.
Asher=1. Mommy=0.

As my mom said after we said goodbye at the airport to our hero, "His world has been turned upside down again."

And I know that. And I hate that.

Our first attempt at bedtime ended in him climbing into his toybox and shutting the lid and me sitting on his race car bed and turning the pages in his "daddy book" just to hear Jake's voice.

I'm pretty sure we were both crying at that point.

He wanted more to drink. He wanted to watch a movie. Why fight it? Pick your battles... I wanted a drink and to watch a movie, too.

Asher hasn't asked yet where his Daddy is. We did feel it necessary to take him to the airport to see Daddy leave, so I assume he knows that Daddy has gone away again. As heartwrenching as it was, it needed to happen that way for him to understand. And although he can't tell me he's sad, angry, upset, mad...I know he is.

I'm choosing to look on the bright side. We just made an amazing two weeks of memories together to carry us through. Just 5 more months and then we are DONE with this journey....forever.

I'll be waiting, Love.

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment