Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Even Miss Sadie

Meet Sadie.
Even Sadie is affected by Jake's absence.
The last two nights we've had HUGE thunderstorms. Asher slept through them. The enormous rolls of thunder and blindingly bright lightning did nothing to help me sleep. Or Sadie.
Sadie, who since Jake has been gone, will no longer come upstairs anymore, quietly slinks into her dog kennel on the main floor when I retire to the upper depths of the house to sleep. She no longer will rest easily on the floor at the foot of our bed on her pillow, but perches herself where she can see and be "on alert" should anything disturb our home as Asher and I sleep.
However, our beautiful GSD is seriously frightened of storms. And firecrackers. So, for two nights in a row, she HAS come upstairs...and nuzzled me in fear. At one point I bumped butts with her...she was laying behind me with her head on dear Jake's pillow!
Poor Sadie!
But like Jake, she is ever loyal...ever watchful to protect and to serve when needed most.

2 comments:

  1. Hank is exactly the same way, except that during storms, he retreats to the basement bathroom. When Ryan works late nights, he is definately more on edge. Thinking of you, Asher and Jake and keeping you in our prayers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a sweetheart! You're on my mind a lot.

    Blessings, C~

    ReplyDelete